Me

Me

Monday, June 27, 2016

True friendship

Yesterday one of my oldest, dearest friends was in town with her remarkable husband.  They have business here every year so I have been fortunate enough to spend a little time with them.  It's not enough, but lord I will take what I can get.  Julie and I met when I was 11, and since then I have done my best to traumatize her in almost any way I could.  She was always a little more reserved and cautious and I fed off that and pushed her outside her comfort zone.  I couldn't begin to count how many memories in my lifetime have her in them.  She has always been there for me, she is stronger than she knows and much stronger than she gives herself credit for, she has the biggest heart of almost anyone I've met, and she would do anything for me (which I love LOL).  She has been an instrumental person in my life. 


When my mom was dying, I was in Oregon but Julie lived 3 hours away.  It was Friday, January 16, 2009, I called her crying and told her that we had taken my mom to the Dr. that day and it wasn't long before she would leave us.  Julie was at work at the time, but left immediately, ran home grabbed some clothes and was at my mom's house within 3 1/2 hours.  I didn't ask, I didn't have too, that is type person she is.  She was there for me when I needed her and quite honestly she has always been.  That wasn't the first time and it won't be the last. 


She says I am the strong one, the rock, the survivor and maybe to an extent I am, but not without the support of such an amazing person.  I have and will always love her. She isn't a friend, she is my family - my life wouldn't be the same without her in it.


I don't know when the next time will be that I will see her, but I do know that it will be like no time has passed at all.  We always pick right up where we left off.  At this time in my life I am thankful for the great relationships that I have and that I can count on, her friendship is only one of them but thank goodness I have it. 
 


No comments: