Me

Me

Wednesday, April 20, 2016

Smile for no reason - WHAT?????????????


Yesterday I was helping a "friend" with yard work and normally that would be a less than fun job, but as the radio played, I noticed that I couldn't do anything but smile and laugh.  I was lost in my own thoughts and grinning from ear to ear, but why? 




Today it took me over 2 hours to drive into work today - due to a later than usual start, I was thinking about my life.  The past, the pain, and years of stress and now??  I got nothing.  I have no pain in my life, and I don't have any drama, I literally wake up in the morning and feel lucky.  Lucky to be alive, lucky to have the family and friends that I do, lucky to have met the new people in my life now, lucky to be healthy, to have made mostly solid decisions as an adult, lucky to have 3 great boys and a grandson, and although the future is no guarantee, I feel lucky that the possibility of my future and knowing how remarkable it will be, just makes me smile. 




I know I keep saying it, but I've never felt such peace and joy.  I feel like I am dancing in the rain, making up for lost time and experiencing new things and seeing them with a new set of eyes.  To be truly happy, literally makes my face light up and smile.  I like the new me, the one who is positive, who sees the good in people, the non-complainer, the girl who can laugh at herself but also for the first time in her life sees and owns her self worth.  Life is good!






No comments: