Me

Me

Friday, December 25, 2015

Tick Tock


Today is my last day "in" the office until the new year.  I am taking 2 weeks off my "real" job but will be doing part time work at Target .  I love that job (so far).  I am sitting here at my desk with an hour and a half left of my day thinking about the holiday and I find myself so excited. 

The only negative this year is Trae and Coty are in California and this is their first Christmas ever away from home.  At the same time they are one step closer to creating a new life for themselves and it's a life they've chosen for themselves. 

It's our first Christmas with a grand baby that is old enough to actually enjoy Christmas.  I am super excited to watch him open the gifts from Mr. Paul and I. 

Logan is older now, his gifts are more expensive but its also his first year "alone" at the house with Mr. Paul and I. 

For the first time in 20 years, Mr. Paul doesn't know about any of his gifts and I know about mine.  That has never been the case.  Mr. Paul always buys me the best most perfect gifts and maybe this year is no exception.  I can say the two gifts I do know about I can't wait to open and actually have.  They are amazing gifts. 

So yes I am sitting at my desk, awaiting 3 PM with a smile on my face.  Ultimately I am happier this year than I have truly ever been.  I love the family I chose for myself and that chose me.  Happy Holiday's!! 



No comments: