Me

Me

Friday, December 25, 2015

2015 - Gone





I can say without a doubt, I won't be sad to see this year disappear and become a memory that I rarely remember.  I hope I don't think of it again, I have never been more ready for a year to end, but at the same time, I never want to forget. 


I sit here Christmas Day and reflect on all the things I am thankful for, all the people I am thankful for, the new friends I have met, the old friends I couldn't have lived without and the even older friends I have reconnected with after many years, regardless I am truly blessed.  I've had some rough years for sure but 2015 was up there for all time worst.  However a lot of quiet wonderful things did come out of this year as well.  I can only continue to pray, be the best person I can be every single day, and keep my eyes focused on the future.

I learned a lot this year about about me.  I learned that even though people that know me say I am the strongest person they know, I believe it, I am a really strong person.  I have the ability to live through any storm and come out stronger on the other side.  I may feel sad/empty inside, but I have this uncanny ability to smile and go day to day without anyone ever knowing there is a thing wrong.  Maybe that isn't such a great thing but it is what it is. Then one day I look back and see what I endured and sometimes I am even amazed and think, how did I get through that??


I learned that my childhood friends are amazing.  I've really reconnected with several of them, and I don't know how I would've gotten through this god awful year without them.  How many texts, phone calls, pictures or just a simple hello, got me through some of the worse days I have been through.  My best adult friends were truly amazing too.

I see my future and it is bright, it is full of life and love because I have been blessed.

No comments: