Me

Me

Saturday, September 7, 2013

Remodeling the bathroom

My sister Sue came to visit me and since I moved into our new and let me say final house, we decided to take on a small project.  Since the half bathroom is relatively small and needed done I decided to begin there.

Day one I removed the medicine cabinet and realized I would have to hang drywall and at that point knew puddy was in order.  We worked on that bathroom for about 8 days.  We ripped down the wallpaper, removed the wall mirror and rehung it with liquid nails, created a frame out of chair rail and painted it, and hung that around the mirror, painted the light fixture, the vent, the toilet paper holder and towel rack, painted the walls, painted the base of the vanity and re-caulked the sink.  Then I bought new covers and new knobs for the vanity.  

Now the bathroom is my style and to me looks so much better.  One project down, many more to go.

2 comments:

Sue Eder said...

I am really glad that Trish and I and Paul got to work on this project together. It was fun to spend the time working on something that will continue to remind her and her family of me. Just think every time one of them goes in to use the can they will think of me being there!!!! It is enough to make you constipated ha ha.

Sue Eder said...

This was one of the most satisfying things I have ever done. To be creative with my sister and friend was an awesome experience. Now I have the knowledge that for as long as Trish and her family live in this house (forever) every time one of them goes in their to use the potty they will think of me!!!! Boy is that a heritage to leave!