Me

Me

Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Not a lie


A lie is defined as a false statement made with deliberate intent to deceive. I get that but in my world I would like to take the definition one step more. To me a lie is also intentionally NOT telling me something.

I have had this thought in my head my entire life. As an adult I have tried to go through my day to day life with the thought that the truth is always harder than a lie and life is hard enough all by itself without adding complications to it, like lies. When you lie you have no integrity, when you have no integrity, I have no use for you.

So the moral of my story is I was shocked today to realize that I must be alone in this. I was talking to my son's principal today and he said to me "Logan didn't lie to me, he just left some of the story out". OMG what? I corrected him and said that not telling is lying PERIOD!!!! If you didn't think telling the ENTIRE story would get you in trouble why wouldn't you tell the entire story? The fact remains that you know you did something wrong and you instinctively try to protect yourself.

Am I alone?

No comments: