Me

Me

Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Am I thankful?

Today I arrived at work and as I walked by a gentlemen I work with he said to me “Be thankful”. I sighed in just utter disgust. Thanksgiving is really the beginning of the holiday season, the day to give thanks, the day on facebook every single stinking post is about giving thanks. So annoying am I the only one on the planet who feels grumpy this year?

Don’t get me wrong I am thankful for many random things both big and small. I am thankful for my family, I am thankful for my health, I could literally go on and on regarding things I am thankful for but in reality when I think of thanksgiving I think of an entire day of cooking, an entire day of trying to make sure that all the food is hot at the same time, all the dishes that will need to be washed, football on the TV, and no family to share it with us.

I’ve been noticing lately that my mood is pretty much in the gutter. It appears that everyone around me is suffering the wrath of my anger but I don’t want to talk to anyone, I don’t even really want to text (which you know is bad), I definitely don’t want anyone to visit, I just want to be left alone and thanksgiving is not the time of year where anyone wants to leave anyone else alone. Everyone is cheerful and happy and huggy, even strangers are nice this time of year and then there is me. I want to scream at the top of the tallest mountain, get up off me already!
Anyway I hope this “mood” passes by Christmas but I guess we will have to wait and see. In the meantime I guess I will be the Grinch that stole Thanksgiving.

No comments: