Me

Me

Saturday, September 4, 2010

I wish...........

Have you ever seen the movie "The Breakup"? I've seen it at least 100 times. It's one of those movies that has a lot of really funny parts. After several times of seeing it the funny parts seem fewer and the arguing becomes more than you can bear.
However today it was on and I was tired and not awake yet and so I decided to just watch it. As I watched it I began to realize that there was something I hadn't realized in all the times that I had seen it.

In the beginning when their family and friends left and the fight happened she went into her room and slammed the door. She stood there waiting, then you hear his foot steps start walking towards the room but before he gets there he stops, turns and leaves.

Then she starts having these men come to the house. She actually tells her sister that she needs a hot man to make her boyfriend really jealous. She doesn't want to date any of these men, she isn't the least bit interested in any of them. Her sole purpose is to make Vince Vaughn jealous. Make him want her or realize that he wants her.


Games. He was too stubborn to walk into the room that night and say I"m sorry. She was too stubborn to say I'm sorry. Both of them had too much pride to admit they were wrong. As I watched this movie I've seen so many times before, I realized how truly sad it is. How sad this couple allowed pride and stubbornness to prevent them from admitting an apology. That in the end they lost a love, possibly true love and for what?
So many times when you talk to people you hear them say I wish I had done this, or I wish I had said this and now it's too late. Well I for one hope and pray that I am not ever one of those people that says I wish I had..... I want the people I love to know I love them, I want everyday to count and if I haven't been successful at this to date, I vow to ensure everyday counts for me.

No comments: