Me

Me

Thursday, August 19, 2010

Change is good

My family and I have made a lot of changes lately. Of course during the process since it was all happening at once it had it's moments. Moments where it seemed like I would burst from stress. Now that its all over change is good.
We moved into a new house. A house that we love and that feels like home.

I started a new job. I love it! I can work from home, I'm off every other Friday, I travel and finally I work in a place that doesn't micromanage. Holy crap it's so awesome to go to work and not feel like you're 2 years old.

I'm attempting again to quit smoking. It's been 4 days smoke free today and already I feel better. I would love it if Mr. Paul would also quit but he doesn't appear to be ready.
Overall, I do believe that the past 2 years have been more of a struggle than not, but like I remind Mr. Paul constantly if you choose to only see the negative, eventually that's all that will be there. We have many things to be thankful for we just have to remind each other when we see the other struggling.

This year I have concentrated on taking each day and making the most of it. I have made sure I put my needs and my families needs first regardless of what others would say. If I didn't want to do something then I didn't. I know these things sound simple but when you are a pleaser like I am you do things you don't want to because you don't want to disappoint others and then you complain about it later. Well for the first time in my life I took care of me first and it felt good.

The changes in my families lives and in my own this year have made me truly happy. I can honestly say there is nothing hidden behind my smile.

No comments: