Me

Me

Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Dinner but no movie


Last night me, Mr. Paul, Trae and his girlfriend Brook all met at Boston's for dinner. Brook hasn't spent any time with us and she felt as though we hated her. The only time she heard from us before would be when I emailed her mom about this or that and her mom would confront her so you can see where the disconnect might be.

Anyway I think initially we were all a little skeptical about meeting up but with four of us there the ice could be broken by any of us and the environment was good. I feel that we have done the best we could to raise Trae and his choice in a girl is his choice. It makes things much easier when you get along and that is what I intend on doing. If Trae is happy - I am happy.

It's not that I didn't like Brook in the past, I had some reservations for some reasons in which I am over now. Trae spends every possible moment at her house so we don't really know her. We don't know her personality, her likes and dislikes. Although I can say now she hates mayonnaise.

Also in my defense Trae has had two serious girlfriends prior to Brook and both of them I got close too and then when they broke up I felt bad too. One friend told me that the girlfriends come and go so not to get attached to them because it sucks letting go when the boy does. Well she was right so I think some of my reservations were simply not letting my guard down based on the past two girls.

Anyway, I have to say dinner was good, Brook ate her food actually which was a plus and the conversation flowed flawlessly.

No comments: