Me

Me

Wednesday, February 10, 2010

and more snow





According to the news we have had more snow than ever in the DC metropolitan area. All I can say is since I left Alaska in 1997 I have never seen so much snow. I have forgotten how it is to wake up and shovel, slide and fall in this not so soft white stuff. The Federal Government has been closed all week and although it's strictly for safety reasons, I can say I am loving life. Staying up till 4 am watching movies with my family, packing, cleaning, cooking, laundry. I love it, I can't remember the last time I actually took an entire week off work. The kids can't go anywhere so they are actually with us spending time with us and watching movies.

We spent hours going to every store in town looking for snow pants for Logan. Other than the $80.00 Columbia ones at a ski shop there was nothing. We were told by one retailer that we wouldn't find them within a 200 mile radius of our town. Not a mistake I will ever make again. Luckily a good friend knew someone that had some her son had outgrown so Logan has been in complete hog heaven.
For the first time in a long time I am totally enjoying the term "Snow day!"

No comments: