Me

Me

Saturday, February 27, 2010

13 year anniversary

Paul and I got married February 28, 1997 at the Justice of the Peace in Washington DC. Two days later I left to go to Saudi Arabia for 90 days. Somewhat a little different experience for most newlyweds but it worked for us.

Like any marriage we have definitely had our share of ups and downs. Initially it was just the distance and the fact we only knew each other 6 months when we got married. Then it was kids and finances, and all the normal things, but through it all we loved each other and knew we had something special.


October 2007 we renewed our vows and although it was thrown together in a small amount of time and it was very small it was perfect. My best friend Julie sent me a box with something new, something old, something blue and something borrowed. She gave her girl the hook up and I couldn't have asked for such a great bunch of gifts. It was our special day and it was right.



My kids are getting older and one day they will be grown and have their own lives and that day it will be just be Paul and I and I couldn't be happier with my choice of a life partner.

No comments: