Me

Me

Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Another birthday......

Well Halloween is my 40th birthday. 40 years ago I blessed this world with my presence. It's hard to believe I am 40 where did the years go. I remember sitting in my parents vehicle at my grandma's house with my friend Julie talking about how wonderful things we were going to be when I turned 16 and got my licence. Then turning 21 while living in Alaska and pregnant with my son Trae.



When I reflect on all the things I have done in my life it seems like I have really lived, but I definitely have a lot more living to do. Now at my age I think the age I live for is just living. No number, no amount of years, just living. My life turned out according to my plan and I think that's all that matters.


I have done what I set out to do since the day in that driveway. I have married the man of my dreams and I have mothered three pretty perfect (as teens can be) boys. I guess the next stage will be grandma and I'm sure I prefer to wait a long time for that. (Please Lord give me the gift of years before you grant me this wish).


My life isn't perfect, not even remotely perfect but hopefully I have been successful. Hopefully my boys will all grow up to be productive citizens and marry and have kids of their own and when my day comes to pass, I will be happy.

"Life is not measured by your outer shell, but by the mold you leave when the shell is gone". ~ Trish Brechtel (I wrote this after the death of my mother)

1 comment:

Jaimey said...

Happy (almost) Birthday!!