Me

Me

Thursday, June 4, 2009

Devastation hit my poor boys

For anyone who reads this blog. Please hug your child/children today and make sure they know how much you love them, because you never know when it will be to late. No one thinks their children will pass before they do but it happens.

Today was a normal every day scenario for my kids. Coty woke up late as he often does, and struggled to find clothes to wear to school as he remembers he forgot to do an assignment that is due today. I had no patience for it, nor sympathy. The last words I said to Coty early this morning were "I hope you like the 9Th grade because you'll be seeing it again real soon". And at that very moment my signal was lost.

Trae text me on my way into school to tell me he was up and getting ready for school. Just a normal day right? That's what they thought.....

About an hour and a half later the call came in. It was Mr. Paul telling me he was on his way to pick Coty up from school. The school had called and one of Coty's best friends was found dead this morning. He apparently hung himself. The school informed the kids of his passing and Coty and many kids were not handling it well. They didn't feel Coty could get through the day and thought we should come get him.

Below is Coty's message to Stephen from his myspace. I would like to ask for prayers for my son's Trae and Coty and for the family and all the friends of Stephen Andrew Pronobis.

"Rest in peace:Stephen Pronobis (6,3,09) Throughout all the things that have happened in my life. And every time i say it, this is undoubtedly the worst day of my life. I won't sit here and blame you. I wish you wouldn't have done it, but its too late. I wish i could have known to be there and stop you.When i heard the news i couldn't believe it. I as well as all of your friends couldn't breathe. I will always remember you, you were the best friend anyone could ask for. You were so different, and unique. Everybody loved you. I just want to show how i will miss you so much and i will never forget how much fun we had, and we could never be bored. The secret handshake. I just wish we could talk to you one more time before this happened. Its so shocking how things like this play out. I and everyone else will never forget you. Rest in peace, Coty."

Trae tells me he was just talking with him yesterday after school and they were laughing. Trae says he was one of the happiest people he had ever met. Another close friend of Stephen's "Kayla" tells me he could make anyone laugh, he was a great friend.

In Loving Memory of Stephen Andrew Pronobis - June 3, 2009





3 comments:

Jaimey said...

OMG! That is horrible! Hug Coty and Trea for me, my thoughts and prayers are with them and Stephen's family.

Sue said...

Trish, Coty, Trae, Paul, and Logan,

As you deal with this sad and confusing pain, please know that Jehovah is hearing your prayers for Stephen and so are we. We love you and wish we could be there hugging you right now. I know you all have a good network of friends, family, and counselors. But I too love you and am here if you want or need me anytime of the day or night. Love always, Aunt Sue

frmarkdwhite said...

In Latin, PRO NOBIS means "for us."

Let's pray that Stephen will be "for us" in heaven with God.

My prayers and love are with you always.