Me

Me

Sunday, May 3, 2009

Update on the Kitchen

So I finally worked on the kitchen. It's not done but some of it is done and it sure makes a difference. Man it's so me compared to before. When I was in Oregon in January for the passing of my mother, I noticed she had this glass rolling pin. I loved it and asked her if I could have it. Of course she said yes so last night while I was sitting on the couch I took some twine and wrapped it around it and made it so it would hang. Then I took some holly berries, and random crafty thing and put them inside. I thought it was adorable and every time I look at it, I think of my mom and all the hidden treasure's she had. Hope you enjoy, of course I have more work to do, but everything is a process.

5 comments:

Sue said...

I love the color you chose for the kitchen and what you have done for decorating as usual is awesome. Mom would have loved that you used the rolling pin the way you did. She always tried to be creative and crafty and as we all know sometimes failed but her heart was in the right place. You fortunately are good at it. Lol

Jaimey said...

I was just thinking about that rolling pin yesterday, wondering what happened to it! Glad you got it and not goodwill! Looks great.

Janna said...

What a great idea! I love it. Looks like you have been a busy little bee this weekend. Love you...JV

Lizzieborden said...

I love it of course!!

Molly said...

I love the glass rolling pin! It's such a crafty, great idea and so original because you got to use your mom's rolling pin. I'm so glad you have something to remember her by.