Me

Me

Friday, May 15, 2009

Then there was Trae....





Trae Matthew Hampson was born August 14, 1991 at Ft. Wainwright, Alaska. He was a darling child and cute as a button. He sucked a nookie until after Coty was born (he was over 3). The only way I could get him to stop was to tell him to look at Coty and that only babies have nookie's. I hate those stupid things. How many frigging times did Andy go out at 2:00 a.m. in the morning to buy a nookie's because we couldn't find it. In the real world that would suck because it was 2:00 in the morning but in Alaska it sucked even worse because it was -60 degrees! Yeah that is some cold to deal with hence why Andy went and not me. Do you really think I am going out at 2:00 a.m. and -60? Heck no!!

Anyway we got threw that and other things that most kids go through. Trae is a conservative child, doesn't like to talk much and when he does it's barely above a whisper. I always have to say "huh?". God forbid I am running the water or running the dishwasher or anything because the slightest noise in the background and he might just as well not talk because I will not hear him.

He is a left handed pitcher usually for North Point High School (I am not going there today) and he plays for the Waldorf Little League Big League team. He has been in the newspaper several times in reference to "a kid to watch in the upcoming year", he was the only freshman in the county that made the "all county list", sometimes just because he pitched incredibly and for playing in state tournaments.He also wrestled for North Point there is a video of him wrestling if you click here. Of course you can hear me screaming encouragement in the background. (shocker) Coty were driving to school it was raining real bad and he rear ended another car. Ouch that hurt my pocketbook. Darn kids it's always something. No skin off his back though because if he needs to go somewhere while his car was in the shop he could just take mine. Lucky me huh? Brat! (Here are before and after)



He didn't play any sports this year, but he is always working on some kind of fitness type thing. He is very interested in being healthy and staying fit. His newest thing is he wants to learn Judo or forms of different types of UFC martial arts. I look forward to that because I can practice for him and give him all those karate chops I have wanted to give him throughout the years. hee hee
He wants to be a personal trainer when he graduates. Maybe then and only then I might have my own personal trainer (FREE) and maybe get this baby fat off. (I know my youngest is almost 10 but I can still use that as an excuse to be bigger - that's my prerogative!!!)

One very unique thing I can say about Trae (sorry bud I know you will be mad) is that he has this one small strip of hair on the top left side of his scalp that is totally gray. I would take a photo of it to show you but he would never stand for that. It's so cool, it's just a strip about 1/4 inch wide and it's all gray. Isn't that unique.

Normally for birthday's Mr. Paul and I give Trae $100.00. He never was big on parties and he HATES to open presents in front of anyone so we started just giving him money in a card. A few months prior to his 17th birthday Trae and I were sitting outside in our screened in porch and he proceeds to ask me if he can get a tattoo. Now I know what some of you are thinking but let me tell you. I really didn't know at first how to respond to that other then to tell him I would have to think about it. This is a child who ALWAYS thinks things through and research's everything. He also has been asking me to get a tattoo since he was 12. I knew it wasn't anything he was being irrational about or hadn't put thought into but I was a little apprehensive. I felt like he was going to be 18 in a year and could do whatever he wanted so the fact that I had to sign for it at least gave me the power to dictate certain rules. I made Trae show me what he wanted and I came up with one rule. It could not show if he was wearing a short sleeve dress shirt. Well needless to say it's a big tattoo but he loves it and it suits him. Who knew that it would be so big, Trae and I were both shocked. Trae sat there at 17 for 5 hours and 45 minutes while this tattoo was done. He started to get agitated towards the end but the entire tattoo was done in one setting. Ouch!
All in all I have to say that Trae is a lovely child. He always comes into my room at night when I am getting ready for bed and talks to me about his day, girlfriend, whatever he just always makes that time for me. I love that. Trae is very self motivated and very determined when he sets his mind to something. He isn't a kid with a lot of words but the ones he does speak are great. He is a wonderful child and makes me proud.

8 comments:

Jaimey said...

Holy tattoo batman! Its huge! I wondered about the story on that. You are braver than me, I would panic! :) I wish you all lived closer. the only memories I have of Trae he was tiny and I think I might have met Coty once (other than our short chats on myspace) :)

Trish said...

yeah it's big neither of us had any idea it would be so big, but it is in good taste and in a dress shirt it doesn't show which was my rule. I thought about this for awhile after he asked me and I decided since he would do it regardless when he was 18 and I would have no choice where or what he got I decided to allow it. He is a very grown up kid and I think you have to consider the kid they are all different and he was/is the type kid who has never made rash decisions. So we allowed it. he wants more now, but I said he has to wait until after his birthday. He will be 18 in 3 months. So prepare for more tattoo blog entries. LOL (not looking forward to it, but it' his body)

Anonymous said...

I love this story of your son. You sound like such a great Mom. Always cheering your kids on. Now you have to write about the little one. P.S. The baby fat makes me laugh! I'm using that one too! Thanks. Who cares if he ten!!! hhahaha Pictures of the other two as well would be good. :) lol

Anonymous said...

Oh yea....I think your sons tatoo is cool!

Trish said...

Thank you. Im working on blogs for them as we speak almost done with child #2. Keep reading if you like.

Janna said...

Remember when we were all at Mom & Dad's, I think when Dad was sick the first time? We all drove John, you, Andy, Trae & baby Coty to the airport. John's flight left but yours was cancelled due to the blizzard. We all ended up sleeping in one motel room. Trae bless his heart was so tired and needing to be home. He screamed & threw fits the whole time. I think we were all ready to duck tape him to whatever was not in our room! Sure wasn't quiet that night...LOL Love you all.

samantha leigh said...

Holy hell! Trae and Malia have the same birthday! =)

Patty Hampson said...

I remember a winter in Alaska when I was with Trae a lot, making up for lost time. I hardly ever had much time to be with the kids since Alaska was so far, and trips were expensive and few. But this winter I had almost three months, and I needed a respite. The kids welcomed me to stay with them, and it was a great blessing to me. Now Trae was just a toddler that winter, and we had such fun getting acquainted, but I had to laugh whenever he started to get cranky we had a copy of the movie The Lion King, and if it was turned on, Trae would immediately plop down and watch intently! It was amazing to see. Now, ask me if I am surprised to see the LION on his arm...:) Gram Patty