Me

Me

Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Car accident finally over


June 2005 I was a passenger in a car on the way to work and was rear ended. Nothing like never knowing you were about to go flying forward and have no warning at all it's coming. It was around 6:00 a.m. in the morning and my co-worker was bringing her son to work that day. We were chatting away and had no idea what was about to happen. Of course I was the only one that was hurt. The doctor says no reason why other than must have been the way I was sitting when the impact happened. All I know for sure was my back has NEVER been the same since.

It's been almost exactly 4 years and I am finally beginning to feel better. Does that mean that my back doesn't hurt anymore? NO! What that means is that I have learned the hard way that my life will never be like it was before that day, but I have learned what irritates my situation and what doesn't. Things I used to do and thought nothing of now I pay heavily for doing. Like riding my Harley, mopping the floor, cleaning the bathroom (we have 4 and let me tell you that's a hard chore to ignore with 4 men in the house), and the worse is it is hard for me to sit through a baseball game. With 3 boys playing it is the hardest sacrifice I have had to deal with.

I settled today and signed the check for my attorney. I will be able to pay off 2 debts completely and one almost in full. So my 4 years of pain has enabled me to pay 2 debts off and 98% of another. I wish ultimately this had never happened but I can't change the past it happened, and I have learned to live with it. Another thing I can cross off my list of things to resolve. Nothing says that because I have a hurt back that I still can't live. I am here to live.

No comments: