Me

Me

Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Are you a friend?

hmm... What is a "true" friend? Someone you call, email or text? Someone you go shopping with or play bingo with? What attributes should a friend possess for you?

For me a friend is someone I can vent to about anything, work, spouse, kids, family, other friends, whatever. If I just want to ramble about nothing a friend to me is the person I think to call.

Some people never initiate contact with me. If I didn't contact them we might never talk again, or it could be years. Is that fair? Are those people really my friends at all? Who knows and really who cares!

Old friends? I have two friends I have had since I can remember. Julie and Nancy. They have been part of my life since I can remember. I can't recall a time in my life when one of them wasn't there.

New friends? Just because someone hasn't been a part of my life since the beginning of time doesn't make them any less important to me. One day these new friends will be "old" friends what would we be without them?

My siblings are my friends. Now they have been in my life the entire time. Which only makes since because I am the baby of the family. DUH! But in the past 10 years or so I have become amazingly close to them. Does that make them old or new friends?
Myspace Graphics
Myspace Graphics, Friendship Thoughts Graphics at WishAFriend.com

Moral of my story? I just wanted to say thanks to all my "true" friends, you know who you are. And for those of you who never take that moment to tell someone you care about them --well get off your duff because you need them and they probably need you too.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for being my friend, I am so Happy and Blessed to have you in my life! Kisa, MD